What does Dubailand offer?
less traffic congestion
Weybridge Gardens is one of Dubailand’s newest residential projects as it offers modern day living at its best and will be a great investment product for high capital appreciation and excellent annual rental yields post-handover. The developer has an aggressive approach to construction with completion anticipated during Q2 of 2025.
Recommendations before investing in Dubailand
- Research all developers in Dubai who have built Dubailand projects and have a strong presence in the area. Visit their communities and get a feel for their developments and the quality which they deliver. If you can see actual properties built, this will mean you can compare products from developer to developer and assess the best option for you.
- Don’t rush into making a decision. Real estate agents will hound you to make a decision quickly and often bombard you with too many different products to choose from. Ask for advice from real estate brokers, but it is advisable that you research the developers first and decide on your top three developers and then narrow down the portfolio of products which they have available and these most probably will include key ready communities and off-plan developments which will be under construction or close to handover / completion.
- Visit developer’s show apartments and show homes, check property websites for estimated annual rental yields for each community which you might be interested in.
- Keep expectations realistic. Any real estate professional who tells you its easy to achieve more than 10% ROI per annum can’t be trusted. It is always better to have realistic expectations which are more conservative than aggressive.
- Dubailand is a long term investment opportunity, not a short term quick win. People who live in Dubailand are not renting short term or booking AirBNB accommodation, residents choose long term properties in this particular area of the city.
- When investing in off-plan property in Dubailand projects always check the different payment plans available as some developers offer attractive options which can include post-handover payment plans for up to three years. Others offer 50/50 and 60/40 payment plans.
- Do your homework before you decide on the Dubailand project which you want to invest in.
- If you’re buying direct from a developer in Dubailand you can negotiate on payment plans and even request a DLD waiver during special promotional periods which can save you 2% on your property purchase fees.
- If you’re buying a key ready property in Dubailand, it is recommended that you look online at various portals to see average rental and sales prices for properties in various communities. Dubizzle, Bayut and Property Finder are good references for research purposes and prices are readily available for all different types of properties (for rent and for sale).